7 Health & Beauty Benefits Of Papaya
The papaya tree is native to the Costa Rica and Central America. The ancient Mayan honored the papaya tree as their sacred Tree of Life. Christopher Columbus is said to have called papayas the "fruit of the angels." Papaya fruit is loaded with valuable nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
Amazing Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
- Papayas are rich in Vitamin A and C these are potent antioxidants that fight against free radicals that can affect your body and cause premature aging. In addition Papaya Vitamin C content per serving is above the daily-recommended value, Vitamin C may boost your immune system keeping cold and flu at bay.
- Papayas are rich in B vitamins such as folic acid, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), thiamin (vitamin B1) and riboflavin, these vitamins are essential for the body and skin.
- Studies have shown fermented papayas preparation have wound-healing property, which researchers concluded would be especially beneficial for diabetes patients.
- Another study showed anti-cancer activity in papaya seeds and pulp this is due to the presence of Benzyl Glucosinolate compounds.
- Papayas provide excellent digestive system benefits due to the enzyme papain which is present known to aid digestion and relieve constipation.
- Papayas makes your skin glow, they contain special enzymes called papain that exfoliate the top layer of the skin, this effect will help in fighting skin blemishes, large pores, wrinkles and dark spot and pigmentation.
- Papayas help maintain healthy weight, a medium sized papaya contains just 110-130 calories, packed with dietary fibers and help in maintaining feeling of fullness and control food cravings.
Mediderm Glow Renewal Enzyme Peel Off Mask contains papin from Papaya fruit